Big Data - Beyond the hype: Making Data Driven Decisions
Dates: 20.09.2019 (9.30am - 12.30pm)
Venue: ADAX (ASEAN Data Analytics eXchange), Kuala Lumpur
BY INVITATION ONLY
In this ‘age of the customer’ financial services businesses have begun to adopt big data analytics to facilitate better customer experiences and better investment decisions. Harvesting useful real-time data from sources such as smart devices, the web, social media, sensors, log files and transactional applications is becoming routine across business sectors in the capital market and financial services industry.
Big data analytics has become fundamental for business growth and sustainability in any organisation across the capital market. For example, trading in the stock market requires accurate data in providing comparable estimate of risks as well as in carrying out predictive trend analysis to make informed business decisions with more accuracy and speed.
Data analytics facilitates making decisions backed by hard data rather than decisions based on observation, intuition or what competitors are doing. Surveys have shown adoption of big data strengthens the competitive edge of businesses. How ready is your organisation to realise the value of data driven decision-making and adopt the technology that enables it?
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to discuss opportunities and challenges for the use of big data technology and assess their organisation’s readiness in capitalising the value of big data analytics.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
ICF Competencies Covered
- Recognise and describe the role and impact of big data analytics to capital market businesses
- Describe and discuss business uses of data analytics application in the capital market
- Recognise data technology adoption maturity and readiness among capital market participants
- Appraise and plan organisational readiness for big data adoption
Functional (Technical Skills) - Digital Technology Application (Level 3)
Foundational (Product Knowledge) – Capital Market Environment (Level 3)
Interactive presentations, Discussions and Question-and-Answer (Q&A) sessions
Directors, C-suites, Senior management – IT, strategy, business process improvement, business development
Investment banks, fund management companies, stockbroking firms, futures broking companies
||Registration & Refreshments
||Opening Remarks by MDEC and SIDC
||Importance of Data Driven Decisions
- How data driven analytics technology can work for you
- Too much info - Challenges of data volume, velocity and veracity
- Opportunity to redefine your brand and customer experience
|Making Data Evidenced Business Decisions -
- Capital markets business application examples
- Real-life business use cases
- Customer data privacy, business ethics and market reputation
||Panel Discussion: Kick Starting A Data Driven Organisation for Business Growth
Q&A with the audience
||How to make it work for your organisation?
- How to make a start?
- Implementation options and possible next steps
- Likely organisational challenges and how to manage them
||Closing Remarks & Networking Lunch