Cyber Risk: Addressing the Emerging Trends
Dates: 19 April 2017 (9.00am - 12.30pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Cyber risk is now a major threat to businesses, exposing many organisations to uncertainties and disruptions. The growing frequency and impact of cyber-attacks have propelled cybersecurity to the top of the board agendas recently. Organisations increasingly face new exposures, including first-and third-party damage, IT systems breaches, business interruptions and regulatory consequences. With the operating environment changing dramatically as they become more digitally-connected, this programme will examine cyber risk trends, emerging exposures and seek ways of countering them effectively. After all, cyber security is fundamentally about protecting an organization’s shareholders’ value.
This programme aims to provide the latest update on the increasingly sophisticated and advanced cyber risks and promote greater security and integrity through effective security measures in order for organizations to remain cyber risk resilient.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify the emerging cyber risk exposure in the capital market;
- Recognise the need for cyber security in the organizations and industry;
- Explain the regulatory efforts and expectations in cyber security deployment in business organizations;
- Establish strategy to deploy latest cyber risk mitigation into business processes
- Analyse the impact of cyber risk to business organizations and its processes; and
- Adapt and strategise the board’s role and responsibilities in line with the new cyber risk advancements.
This course will be delivered using interactive presentations, case studies and discussions.
Directors, compliance officers, risk management officers and any capital market practitioners interested in cyber risk topics.
|Wednesday, 19 April
||Current Landscape of Cyber Risks and Emerging Trends
- Understanding current exposure to cyber risks and overall risk tolerance
- The need for greater security for a variety of cyber incidents in view of the evolution of markets and its offerings
- The processes involved in preventing detection and responses to cyber attacts
Speakers: Mr Paul Kwan, Chief Information Officer, Maybank Kim Eng & Mr Kenneth Ho, Regional Head of IT Security, Maybank Investment Bank Berhad
||Refreshments and Networking
||Cyber Risk: Meeting Regulatory Expectations and Business Needs
Implementation Strategies and Associated Challenges
- Regulators efforts and initiatives in lieu of robust cyber security controls
- Regulatory expectations - requires organisations to have appropriate IT systems and making sure that they are resilient to cybercrime
- Establishing and documenting a cyber-security policy - The first step in keeping businesses secure
- How to weave operational technology, into the company's risk management processes
- Striking the balance between regulatory requirements and business priorities
Moderator: Mr Wong Kum Cheong, CEO, Credit Bureau Malaysia
- Impact of cyber risk when undertaking current and new investments decision (e.g Tesco Bank UK - systematic sophisticated attacks)
- What went wrong and what actions are being taken
- Role and responsibilities of the board and management in creating a successful cyber security policy
- Guidelines on Management of Cyber Risk
- Mr Chan Kah Som, DGM, Market & Corporate Supervision, Securities Commission Malaysia
- Mr Fong Choong Fook, Executive Director, LE Global Services Sdn Bhd
- Mr Mohamed Anwer Mohamed Yusoff, Head of Industry and Business Development, CyberSecurity Malaysia
||Lunch and End of Programme
RM 550 + 6%GST = RM 583