Module 4: Islamic Equity Market
Scope of Coverage
- Concepts and principles of Islamic equity market
- Islamic equity products and instruments
- Shariah screening process and criteria
- Guidelines on Islamic unit trust funds
- Islamic Real Estate Investment Trusts (I-REITs) structures
- Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) structure
- Islamic Private Equity (IPE)
- Islamic Venture Capital (IVC)
The programme’s objective is to distinguish between Islamic and conventional equity products and instruments and evaluate the Islamic equity as an alternative means of financing and investment.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- distinguish the differences between conventional and Islamic equity products;
- describe the features of Islamic equity products and instruments;
- explain the Shariah screening criteria and its processes.