Module 4A: Islamic Derivatives
Scope of Coverage
- Introduction to derivatives & the underlying instruments
- Understanding the conventional derivatives instruments
- Outline of Islamic derivatives instruments
- Discussion on various Islamic contracts used by Islamic derivatives & Islamic structured products
The programme’s objective is to describe the features, structures, and regulatory requirements and issues relating to trading the Islamic derivatives products and instruments.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- define the basic building blocks of derivatives products and instruments;
- describe the various contracts used by Islamic derivatives and structured products;
- explain the Islamic structured products common features and applicable guidelines .