Module 5: The Sukuk Market
Scope of Coverage
- Evolution of Islamic securities (Sukuk)
- Types of Sukuk and its salient features
- Modes of issuing Sukuk
- Criteria and methodology of Sukuk rating
- Capital guarantee on various Sukuk structures
- Case study discussions on different Sukuk structures
The programme’s objective is to evaluate Sukuk as an alternative means of financing and investment as well as understanding the regulatory framework, structures, features, concepts and issues pertaining to the Islamic securities in Malaysia.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the salient features of Islamic securities (Sukuk);
- explain the different modes of issuing Sukuk;
- distinguish the types of guarantee available in various Sukuk structures.