Securities Commission Malaysia
Shariah Professionals Programme for Islamic Capital Market
The Shariah Professionals Programme for Islamic Capital Market (ICM) is one of the initiatives by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) to provide continuous professional development in the area of Shariah Advisory relating to the Islamic Capital Market (ICM). The programme, is funded by the Capital Market Development Fund (CMDF) and organised by the Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC). The programme is exclusively developed with an objective to define key issues and challenges available in the market. It also aims to equip the ICM practitioners in becoming more innovative and hands-on in addressing the issues.
Who Should Attend
- Shariah advisors for a financial institution
- Legal practitioners in Islamic capital market
- Accounting practitioners in Islamic capital market
- A new ICM entrant
The ICM Series programme will be offered on a modular basis, with the duration of each module ranging from 1 to 3 days. Participants are allowed to enrol for any module without any prerequisite, subject to the availability of the module. The programme will be conducted during weekends.
The modules offered are as follows:
The above schedule is subject to change.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to integrate the theoretical and practical aspects of the Islamic capital industry knowledge.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the Shariah principles governing the Islamic capital market
- distinguish among various ICM products and issues in light of complex legal relationships, as well as conduct due diligence processes;
- assess the significance and essentials of accounting, auditing, taxation and sound regulation in promoting Islamic markets;
- draw attention to current Shariah issues concerning market activities and trading of products and instruments;
- evaluate the Islamic equity and sukuk as alternative means of financing and investment to conventional products; and
- analyse crucial elements of the Islamic market to gear up for future challenges.
**Fees quoted are exclusive of and subject to Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 6%
*Any organisation registering a group of at least 3 individuals to a specific module, is eligible for a special rate at RM450.00/module/pax.
||RM 550 / module**
||RM 500 / module
||RM 350 / module
||RM 350 / module
|Group (3 pax and more)*
||RM 450 / module