Stakeholder Conversation Series: Detecting and Mitigating Money Laundering Risk
Dates: 3 October 2017 (8.30am - 1.00pm)
Venue: Securities Commission Malaysia
Accreditation: SIDC CPE-approved: 5 CPE points
This programme will provide insights into the occurrence of various types of money laundering activities, the implications to the capital market intermediaries and the action plans that can be developed to mitigate risk.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- identify current trends and latest updates on money laundering;
- describe laundering activities in equity market, bond market and derivatives market;
- evaluate the risks involved in money laundering activities; and
- discuss the possible mitigation actions plans to deal with the risks involved.
Interactive presentations, Question-and-Answer sessions and case study discussions.
Directors, compliance officers, risk management officers, , fund managers, dealer’s representatives, capital market professionals dealing in derivatives, middle, back or front office operations staff, investment advisors, investment bankers, corporate finance executives, legal officers, accountants and personnel in-charge of governance.
|Tuesday, 3 October 2017
||Money Laundering Trends and Directions
- Overview of Legislations on Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing in Malaysia
- Money Laundering Trends and Areas of Concerns Globally and in Malaysia
||Discussion: How Money Laundering Can Be Spotted in Capital Markets
- Recognising Money Laundering in the Equity Market
- at the Initial Public Offering Stage
- in the Secondary Market
- Recognising Money Laundering in the Bond Market
- Recognising Money Laundering in the Derivatives Market
||Discussion: Risks and Mitigation Action Plans For Capital Market Intermediaries
- Implications from a Risk-based Approach for the Prevention of Money Laundering
- Detecting Money Laundering in Capital Market
- Recommended Practices to Mitigate Risk of Money Laundering
||End of Session
RM 550 + 6%GST = RM 583